|Castello di Piovera
, , Piovera - 15040 (AL) |
€ Full price: €5.50
€ Reduced price: €3.50
The present castle is the result of the radical transformations of the ancient "Castrum Pioperae", quoted in the handwrittens start from the X century.
The origins of the manor-house date back at the times of Carlo Magno and its function was that to guarantee the security of the near streets of communication. The original structure was changed in the course of the centuries, in particular during the period of the spanish domination, the work of transformation of the fort was radical, should adapt it like residence. The castle was occupied military numerous times and the major damages were made from the frank-savoyard, which, in the november 1653, for nine days sacked it and finally set fire it with the house of the village. Closed from november at may; in ocotber open sunday with hourly 03.00pm-06.00pm.