|Chiesa dei Santi Alessandro e Carlo
10, , Alessandria - 15100 (AL) |
The Barnabite friars entrusted to a local architect (presumably Domenico Caselli) the construction of a church dedicated to Saint Alexander and Saint Charles, and consacrated by Bishop De Rossi in 1758. Between 1803 and 1810 the church served as a cathedral, replacing an older temple that had been destroyed by Bonaparte. Works by Salvatore De Rosa, Rodolfo Gambino and Luigi Morgari decorate the interiors of the church; the writer Giulio Cesare Cordara is buried in the crypt.