, , Perugia - 06122 (PG) |
The Fountain, placed in front Palace of the Priori, was built between the 1275 and the 1278 on project of Nicola and Giovanni Pisano to satisfy the needs to bring water at the town. The structure is consituted from two polygonal baths in white and pink stone, surmounted from a cup in bronze, that sustains the group of the three ninfe or theological virtues (Faith, Hope and Charity). The tiles of the inferior bath reproduce the calendar of the agricultural works, the signs of the Zodiaco and emblematic scenes of the Old Testaments. The fountain, considedred symbol of the town, is considered the most attractive fountain of the inside Middle Age.