Ser Lapo Mazzei
, , Prato - 59100 (PO) |
The Palace was built by Francesco di Marco Datini, famous pratese trader (1335-1410), to settle the own residence and activity. Most of the decoration at pictorial fresco of the insideswas work of Niccolò di Piero Gerini, other rooms were decorated from artists like Agnolo Gaddi, Bartolomeo di Bertozzo and Tommaso del Mazza. On the principal prospect are open the old fourteenth-century door from which is possible to enter in a court with well and a portico with two naves; from the second door enter in the present seat of the State archives where areupon to now reserved numerous low-medieval documents, bool book-keeping and correspondences fro the group of datiniane firms.