Chief-town of province, is a town of ancient origin, from always important center for commercial trade and agricultural activity being almost all in plain. Thanks to the its geographical centrality and to its numerous river roads, the paduan territory was occupied from the man since the antiquity and in imperial period was considerated one of the most important towns of the roman Italy. Lively for the vegetable market, the ancient historical center is sourrended by monuments like the Palace of Ragione Solenne, raised in 1218-19, the Town Palace, of XIII century, the ancient houses and porticos. From not to lose are the hat of the Scrovegni with the wonderful cycle of frescos of Giotto, the Episcopal Palace, the Church of San Clemente, the Palace of the Captain, the Palace of Bo, central seat of the University with the Anatomical Theater and from not to forget is the Cathedral founded in been based on in altomedioevale period and rebuilded in 1551 on drawing of Michelangelo. The paduan cusine sinks the roots in simple products of the garden, of the yard and of the vineyard and offers a large variety of ingredients that diversify themselves from zone to zone. The typical dishes are the rice and the tagliatelle in broth of duck while between the DOC wines Merlot and the white like the Moscato and the White Pinot.