Of medieval origin and of ancient strategic importance, the town is situated between Po and Adige and is been always pole of attraction of the interests of the bishop'palace and of Estensi. Visiting the town numerous are the buildings that embellish it between which the Cathedral, of ancient manufacture and rebuilded to the end of XVII century, the two hanging towers, situated in the near public garden; in the heart of the town find square Vittorio Emanuele II, decorated of a column in stone of Istria of 1519 and with the Leone of San marco of 1881. Other buildings are the Palace of the Town Hall of the Sixteenth century, the Tower of the Orologio of the eighteenth century, the Church of San Francesco of Romanic-gothic sryle with the belltower of 1520. 25 April, in the neighbor Badia Polesine, is developed the National Festival of the Kites, destination of numerou tourists that run up to partecipate to the competition and to the final prize of the most attractive kite. The best periods to visit the town of Rovigo are the spring, when the colours of the lagoon create a mysterious and fantastic landscape and the autumn, when with the mist the lagoon sends out a glamour almostfabulous. As regards the cusine the typical dishes are those of the lagoons and of the bogs of the Delta of Po: soup of beans, rice in broth of fish and rice of bass; like seconds are excellent the faraona and the fòlaga in damp with beans.