|Castello di Aymavilles
, , Aymavilles - 11010 (AO) |
Built in the XIV century, the castle raises its four circular towers on a morainic back at the outfall of the valley of Cogne.
Disappeared the city wall, it was changed in residential abode in the 1728 by Joseph-Felix de Challant, exciting the indignation of the nineteenth-century travellers.
In the 1804 died the last descendant of the renowned family. Reserves numerous pictures of the members of the clan. Since 1970 it is ownership of the regional valdostana Administration and can be visited only from the outside.